Sunday, 13 July 2008

I dont know what title to give this post

You're with this person. As in, together.

It's only been the third week, when he suddenly said, "You look prettier without your contacts, you know? Why dont you not wear it?". And because you love him so much (yes, already. And no it's not puppy love), you say, "Ok I'll take it off. So what right? I mean, having a natural look looks better anyway because I know for sure that hazel doesnt suit me. Ok ok. I'll stop wearing my contacts." And I'm sure all of us, no matter how mean or how cruel our actions are, want to be good deep down. All of us want to go to Heaven. All of us want to be a better person than we know we are. But for this guy to keep on telling you, "Be good ok. Dont steal. Dont lie. Dont swear." every single time you finish talking him, wont you feel.. Suffocated? Like, hello. I know what I'm supposed to do la ok?

And when you think about it, when you just started knowing each other; that moment when you FIRST realised that you like this person. WHY DID YOU ANYWAY? Why did you like the person? Because of who he/she is AT THAT MOMENT right? You didnt think about what he/she did before that, or what he/she told you about his/her personality or life or family and stuff. It was seriously, a spur of the moment thing. Right? You like that person because you just like that person. That's how you come to discover that you like the person anyway pun kan? So why.. After knowing him/her a little bit more, that you suddenly started asking him/her to change? Ade ke you say "Ok. I will love you. But only if you promise me you'll never talk in your sleep." Or "I will love you. But only if you dont swear." Ade ke? You want to love that person because you just want to. Ok, fine. Of course when you talk about marriage, you have to think about how the person will carry and raise your children later, or how you'll come to live with that person in the same house. You wouldnt want to marry a person whom you KNOW will definitely just throw her rubbish anywhere in the room would you? Or you dont want to marry a rapist or a murderer right? Cleanliness and really sick in the head people, of course la. But about being a better person - personality wise ni. Just think ok. EVERY single person in this planet Earth wants to be a better person. It's just a matter of HOW MUCH that person wants to be nice, or HOW QUICKLY the person wants to be a nicer person. EVERYONE wants to go to Heaven. I dont think anyone, even those sick people in the head who keep on hurting people want to feel hurt themselves. They only claim to like pain but please la. Pain is pain, fullstop. Sick macammane pun dorang, they STILL want to go to heaven and experience eternal happiness. So everyone will be good. Everyone will be a better person. Everyone will be the person that they want to be eventually, their ideal self. You just have to be patient. You're not that good yourself you know.

So stop asking the person you love to change. Because you loved that person for who the person was BEFORE you asked them to change.

4 comments:

arina said...

This comment is dedicated to people who are assuming WHO and WHAT this entry is all about.

You think you know who this entry is about right? You think you know so much about me. Well, newsflash: You dont.

So manusia-manusia sekalian, stop assuming alright? Thanks.

HD said...

OMG! i feel guilty!!!
did i ask you to change????
hm
i did eh?
omg i dont know,,

Abdul Q said...

wow such a deep post. the last few sentences mcm sgt boleh letak dlm hallmark card or sumtin.

arina said...

But I think hallmark cards takde yang sarcastic. Maybe.. For some tv documentary about love? haha