Tuesday, 15 July 2008

Boys and games

I was never a fan of these tv/computer games. They're so annoying and a serious waste of time, money and energy. You play it today, play it tomorrow, play it next week.. And by the time you know it, two months later, you'll stop playing the game and will shift to another game and be totally obsessed with it pulak. Just like how you were with this current game.

Last time, when abang used to play at home, it was either Diablo, or World of Warcraft, or FIFA 1999, 2000 and whatever other years yang ada. And on some occasions, there were non-war-y games like The Curse of the Monkey Island, Mortal Combat, Street Fighter, Worms etc. There was also the Sims Collection: Sim Tower, Sim Park, The Sims etc

NOW, if I go to a house that have guys in it, I will DEFINITELY be seeing them arguing over who's the best team or who just scored a goal or who's been winning etc to the game of Pro Evo. WITHOUT FAIL. If I go to their house today and they're not playing it, wait till the next time I go to their house again. MESTI TENGAH MAIN PRO EVO. The current hit games now include Guitar Hero, Rock Band, Grand Theft Auto, Need For Speed? (dunno if it's still a hit game now) and

Deaths clock ticks for the legendary Solid Snake as he is ravaged with age due to his genetic curse. However, he still has the will in him to fight his final mission. Snake’s brother, the second clone of Big Boss, Liquid Snake lives on in the arm of Revolver Ocelot who is now entirely overwhelmed by Liquid.
Set in the near-future, war has become control. PMCs (Private Military Contractors) have build armies and forces of the likes of which could taken on even the United States army. The 5 largest PMCs are in control of one large dummy corporation, Outer Heaven run by none other than Liquid Snake. Snake is stirred out of retirement by Otacton and Colonel Campbell who try to convince him to fight against Liquids plans of creating perpetual war where the soldier will never have to search for work again. Only a clone of big boss can destroy a clone of big boss. Snake is the only one who can do it. As Campbell rightly states, Snake is “The worlds only hope”.
Snake is dispatched by the UN to an [unnamed] Middle Easter country [Perhaps Zanzibar from MGS2?] to infiltrate with a group of rebels to go up against Outer Heaven’s PMCs. With an AK and a cloak he makes his way into the Middle East only to be greeted by a huge metal beast resembling the feared Metal Gear. According to Konami Productions, MGS4 will tie up all the loose ends the past 20 years of Metal Gear/Solid gaming has handed to us all in this one, and final Playstation 3 hit. Only for Playstation 3.


All that nonsense. For just one game. You know what it is, you obsessed player. Just marry the game la ok. Sleep with it, eat with it, play it.

Ok, maybe I was a fan of Mortal Combat and Sim Tower and a few more I dont remember. But I wasnt obsessed la. I didnt put 'games' in my 'to do list' for the day. If I dont play it fine la. It's not as though I was going to die of 'lack of game playing'.

I realised that this .. Playing games thing give boys the luxury of competing with their friends without actually leaving the house. We all know boys, the XY chromosome carrier are damn competitive that they will even whine when they lose a singing game. WTF la WTF. It's just a freaking game!! "I've beaten your score and if you want to know what the score is, come to the house and play with me again". Goodness. Singing game pun nak kecoh. And they would get VERY upset if you accidentally play the game with their name, as in, play as them, instead of you. Because if you lose, they'll lose points as well. Wtf la seriously. It's just A GAME!!!!!!!!!!! GET OVER IT.

Wii? That's fine. You know why? Because you actually sweat by playing it. You actually do burn some calories by moving the hand(s). And if you really want to compete, go play some PROPER sports. Go do something USEFUL instead of spending hundreds of money to just stare at the freaking tv/computer screen. Games are just a phase la. There's no point obsessing over it. You'll eventually grow out of it and realise that you were such a loser obsessing over the game once. Tengok. Last time it was play station. Then play station 2. Then play station 3. Sampai bila weh? Sampai play station 100?

Sorry. I can tolerate sports but games? No way.

3 comments:

HD said...

ADOI ade spoiler at your post about Metal Gear Solid 4... hmmm
welllllllllllllllll!!!
Arina! jgn la marah...!!!
i play games during my past time je!
when you are around me well.. im not playing it am i?
tak kan?
sooo please dont be mad
and! ps4 maybe 10years from now
ps3 just last year...soo yeah..
and yes GTA4 and GHero 3 are still a hit.. n yes MSG4 too!
wow u did your hw about boys and games.. hmmmm hebat..
great post!

arina said...

Spoiler eh? Hah! Padan muka. And whatever la. Ps4 in 10 years or ape-apela. Yang pentingnya, I absolutely hate that freaking metal gear solid game that you've been slaving over for these past few days. Pfft!

HD said...

ahahahah mana ade!! i want to go out witf youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
cepat la habis exam!!