Friday, 19 September 2008

the 'was' case

You know.. I was happy today.

I slept at 10 last night, so I was a little bit more energetic when I went to work. Was quite excited to be going in a lecture about "how to publish your work in international journals", where I think most people in the room (the to-be-psychiatrists) weren't really looking forward to the lecture topic. I mean, come on la. Even as you read the title kan, if you have no interest whatsoever in research, you'll have the, "what???-Ohmygod-that-topic-is-absolutely-boring.-Ok,-I-have-9-to-11.30-to-sleep" kind of attitude. But okla.. I admit that it was kinda boring towards the end but point is, the lecture happened first thing in the morning and usually people wont get excited over topics like this one. But I was. Kira, it was the starting of my happy mood.

And then during lunchtime, my clinical psychology trainees invited me to go to Leisure Mall (this very cool place in Cheras :P) to have lunch (um, yes.. Lunch). So I thought, "oh, bestnya! I can hangout with them. Wow I feel so cool!" (haha). So during lunch we talked ape semua. It was really fun.

Plus the phonecall AFTER I misscalled was really mood-lifting as well. I was really happy to hear his voice and .. I dont know.. Maybe I just needed to hear it after not speaking to him for a day. I didnt care lah that he called me 'sombong' or whatever because I knew that I tried to contact him and made an effort the night before. Maybe it was the stupid distance thing je lah that made my message not go through and my misscalls tak kluar pun on his call log. Stupid 12 hour timezone! But I think I was smiling the whole time during our conversation tu lah. Thanks to my battery who died halfway during our conversation, we got cut off and it was like, hanging la. We didnt even say bye properly ape semua. That was a bit sad and I felt quite guilty, but was still happy that we spoke, even for a while.

Ok, and then, I was also really looking forward to seeing a patient that afternoon with one of my colleagues. She had an OCD (obsessive-compusive disorder) case, which I thought was quite cool to actually be seeing a real life case in front of my eyes. Because usually you'll just hear about them and watch OCD people on tv, but this one was real. So nway, I was excited la of course kan..

And malam lagi, buka-ed puasa at PJ Hilton. The food and company were damn nice, except that it was freaking crowded la the place. I think all 5 of us were sweating macam orang gila (because therewere too many people and the air-cond they had could not 'tampung' all of us at the eating place. Plus we were quite annoyed also with the over kiasu people who seemed like they havent eaten for months who were rushing to take the food. Ape la. But it was really good seeing his parents again after 2 weeks of not seeing them. Kira, like it was this kind of.. Recurrent episode of.. Fun? hahaha. Sorry. I'm using abnormal psychology terms now. Hayoo. hehe

And malammmmmm lagi, after mama and papa came back from terawih, we talked about my options after graduating next year, inshaAllah. It was very insightful la and there was this one thing that we talked about which was quite shocking to all of us. But it got me to think and now I'm definitely considering doing it, but we'll see la later :)

Ok. And then.. It sort of ended there.

So it has almost been 48 hours that we havent spoken to each other properly. I was clearly making an effort. But what did I get in return?

Yea. Memang best.





(and I just realised that I actually wrote about every-single-freaking-thing that I did today. Oh God. Typical blogger. Damn, I feel so .. Not special anymore. Haha)

No comments: