Tuesday, 10 March 2009

The stairway to BSc Psychology (Leeds)

TOO MANY THINGS ARE GOING ON THESE NEXT TWO WEEKS!!

Ok. Nerves are FINALLY starting to kick in. It's just not making my body DO the actions though. Hm. But yes. My heartbeat's getting faster by the second, and my brain's thinking about it all the time. All these events.. They even made it in my dreams ok! This shows how much I'm thinking about it.

*breathe in..... breathe out.....*


Tempus Vernum - Enya


(Btw, it doesnt help that my i*Tunes is playing Tempus Vernum by Enya either.)

Ok. So here's what's coming:

1. This Friday: Project poster presentation
YES! The one that I've been telling people about. My dissertation project. Ok, just in case you're wondering what "dissertation" means to future Psychology degree holders.. Basically, you have to come up with a research question, find a way to test and answer the question, find people to to test on, analyse your data, do loads of reading for your literature review and write a report on it. Yeah, with the typical format of 'Introduction', 'Method', 'Results' and 'Discussion'. Ok sorry. I've digressed. Ok. So I'm supposed to create a poster about my project (The Effects of Stress on Students' Alcohol Consumption and Cigarette Smoking) and present it to my supervisor, another lecturer, my classmates (1/3 of them) and L2 students. And with my history of talking in front of everyone.. Haih. I'll just pray that, InshaAllah, I'll do well. Haih.

2. This Saturday: Sheffield Gig 2009
Ok, so I performed last year but it was in front of a different group of audience - people whom I wasnt really familiar with. And I was only the 'backup' singer. And I didnt really ask people to come just to see me. And Ara wasnt there. And.. OHMYGODD. I'm so nervous okayy!! What if my voice breaks again?? It will be SO embarrassing! (Btw, I found the perfect skirt to match my shirt and tie :D hhaha). But I'm excited at the same time! The adrenaline rush. haha bestnyeee :) But seriously man. I REALLYYY hope my voice doesnt break this time around.

3. Next Wednesday: Amean leaving the UK for good :(
Ok, I'm not nervous about this, obviously. But I know it's going to be a sad day for all of us :(

4. Next Thursday: Reproductive Psychology Protocol Essay
For this one, I've got to come up with another research question related to 'Reproductive Psychology' (menstrual cycle, abortion, menopause, sex) and write up a report on how I would go about conducting the experiment if I had all the money in the world. Sounds easy right? It's like I can talk about anything but not really. It must be a totally creative study that NO ONE has ever done and it must be based on previous researches. Which is, wtf right. I'm sure everything we think about now has been thought by someone else and that that person has done an experiment on it. Right? Tulah. That's why this one's a bitch too. And as usual, I havent written anything on this yet. But I know what I'm going to "test" on already so that shouldnt be too bad! :P

5. Next Friday: Nicotine Addiction Poster Presentation
Good thing about this is that I'm not presenting, I'm not doing the poster, and I dont think I did that much on the literature search either (but they said what I found was enough already), but all of us are getting the same mark in the end! :) And my groupmates are as hardworking as 1 million ants together! haha. Seriously. They're like.. Hm. Ok. Tak baik. Tapi bagus lah :)

And after all of this, it's SPRING BREAK BABY.

But nono. I'm not free yet peopleee!!

6. Two days after returning home from Spring break..
It's dissertation hand-in time.
12 000 words.
*mati*

Oh yessss. Ade lagi ni!!

7. 7th May 2009: Reasoning and Desicion Making Essay Hand-In
And this essay is 100% of my module grade.

8. And of course.. Final year examinations.
PSYC 3443
PSYC 3444
PSYC 3448

....

What they do to make it tough for us to graduate.

2 comments:

HD said...

honey,
drink air suam byk2
to jaga your voice!
and practice tu umm jaga voice gak

about your spring break! :D
umm book your tix ASAP please
i want to see you.
AND about your dissertation.. call it dessert then :)
oh bout that IM GOING TO MAKE U DO SOME when youre here. soo nanti takde la byk sgt kene buat
PLUS our internet is super fast :)

okay?
come back home already!
i miss you!

arina said...

Thank you sayangg. But seriously I think I'll be done with it by the time I see you. haha I dont think I trust myself if i leave it until I go there baru nak buat. :P